Scotty, I have a 97 Honda Accord LX 4 cyl Sedan... Inside the Front Passenger Door, I discovered the wiring harness plug-in behind the speaker, in the front corner of the door... Please look at my 2 attached photos.. The plug looks burnt and melted... It looks like the wiring harness plug was lubricated with reddish goopy stuff... Is the wiring melted or is it just the goopy that is melted after 20+ years in the hot sun?? Would you recommend changing out the entire harness with how this looks??

Thank You!! Luv You Scotty!!

Comments (6)
No. 1-2
Scotty Kilmer
Scotty Kilmer

Editor

yea, dielectrical grease often turns that color. if it runs fine, leave it

Techsus
Techsus

is everything working OK? No DTCs? Could be originally-white plastic got dyed orange from that Dielectric grease. You'd have to clean it off to be sure. Or scrape the plastic w/ fingernail-- if melted you'll feel that the plastic's texture changed-- and isn't just discolored.