No Brakes , Please help!
Hi Scotty, I have a ford Ikon 1.3 2005 petrol car. it ran about nearly 50,000 KM. As part of maintenance I've taken out the intake manifold and cleaned in a soapy water solution and reinstalled on the car. In this process i had to remove brake vacuum hose from the booster because i 'm failed in detaching the vacuum hose from intake manifold side. i prevented the check valve from dipping in the soapy solution. so its still good i believe.
So what is happening when i apply brake is the pedal has no resistance at all . i can use my finger to push the pedal to the floor and when i turn of engine the resistance comes back.I did following tests to make sure brake booster and other components are working correctly.
- filled the brake reservoir using new fluid to max level.
- checked the vacuum on brake vacuum hose - Result : good suction.
- Started the car for 1 min then turned off. Pressed the pedal 3 times , Result : brake pedal get hardened.
- As the pedal got hard from 3rd test i started the car, Result : Brake pedal sink all the way down to floor ( no resistance at all )
- i checked all wheels for fluid leakage, All good. Also checked reservoir fluid level , showing same as before.
- On inspection i am able to find some old leakage marks on master cylinder ( pealed out paint ) but not able to see any fresh oil on these marks.
Please help me find out which component is faulty .
I believe one more thing to check that is one way check-valve by blowing air in opposite direction for that i have to remove hose from intake manifold. On my car its hard fitted ( not coming off ) please guide me how to remove it. Attaching
pic. thank you.