I am a fan of your YouTube channel and thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience as I have learned so much from you. I have a back problem and am really struggling to find a car with the right balance of:
- Cost: I can not afford a Lexus ES350 or better. My budget is $30,000 USD after all taxes, fees, etc. have been included)
- Comfort: Driving over pot-holes cause me discomfort and I typically drive long distances, as a result a comfortable seat and suitable suspension is very important to me.
- Transmission: I need an automatic because I do not know how to drive standard and am not committed to learning at this stage of my life.
- Longevity: I like to own a vehicle as long as possible; e.g. > 200,000 kms.
- Reliability: I appreciate quality design and engineering, although I am aware we are living in a disposable society which is also affecting the automotive industry. I want to purchase a car where I will perform regular maintenance at recommended intervals and not experience unexpected mechanical failures at least up to 100,000 kms.
- Pleasure/Pain: I am not a fan of four-bangers, only because most of my life I have driven four cylinder Toyota Camry's and Corollas. The latest of which is a 2000 model. Although they have served me well, they do nothing but exacerbate my back-pain due to the stiff suspension and unforgiving seats.
I understand my $30,000 USD budget is not enough for a new vehicle, so I am looking for used. After many years of being ripped off and lied to by unscrupulous mechanics, I have finally found a local mechanic I can trust.
This is the first time in my life I have posted a question in an Internet forum or to a YouTube content creator of whom I subscribe--I look forward to your feedback Scotty.