Hi Scotty. I have spent over $1000 trying to fix the front end vibration for my 1998 Nissan Sentra…
Hi Scotty. I have spent over $1000 trying to fix the front end vibration for my 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE (1.6L automatic) and I am still getting this issue. The vibration can be barely felt below 50 mph depends on the road surface, the worse the road the stronger the vibration is. The vibration goes worse when the vehicle is traveling faster than 55 mph. And I can hear a very deep rumbling noise when the vibration can be felt. The steering wheel is not shaking but I can feel the vibration from it.
Here's what I have done so far:
- Replaced CV Axles for the 4th time (OEM) on both sides
- Replaced wheel bearings (the best quality I can get at AutoZone)
- Lower control arm, Struts, tie rods are replaced. (OEM)
- all of the engine mounts are replaced with OEM parts
- Did wheel alignment, balancing, and rotation
But I am still getting the same vibration after all of these hard work. I have checked all of the parts are bolted in with the correct torque specs.
As a last resort, I brought my vehicle to several shops to check and they are stumped too. I am very frustrated with this car. I felt like throwing it away in the junkyard and buy a new car.