Hi Scotty. I have a 2011 Toyota Venza 2.7 4 cylinder FWD car with 96k miles on it. I always follow…
Hi Scotty. I have a 2011 Toyota Venza 2.7 4 cylinder FWD car with 96k miles on it. I always follow the owners manual to maintain my vehicle and most of the miles I driven is from highway. Recently I noticed a problem with the car where if the car is idling (after engine fully warmed up) especially during hotter weather, the car will shake and I can feel it from the steering. However when I put the transmission from D to N or P, the car idle extremely smooth without any problems. In hotter summer times when I turn on the AC, the idling is even worst when I press the brake and waiting at the stop light. I do notice one thing is even if I leave it in drive mode, and put on the emergency brake, but let go the brake and the car will idle a bit smoother without a small RPM drop. But when I press the brakes in drive, the RPM will drop slightly and hence the engine will shake. So what can this be?
Here is what I done so far. Car has no check engine lights.
- Cleaned the throttle body every 30k miles.
- Cleaned the MAF sensor every 30k miles
- Wash and re-oil the K&N air filter every 20k miles
- Battery is replaced at 80k miles and I always put terminal conditioner on it so I don't have any corrosion.
- Car is oil changed with 5W20 semi-synethic oil for the first 85k miles, every 5k miles or 6 month which comes first. Then after 85k miles I use full synethic 5W20 oil.
- Transmission fluid full exchange at the dealership at 80k miles.
- I also had my friend replaced the coolant and brake fluid at 77k miles.
- Changed spark plugs with Denso iridium (toyota OEM) at 80k miles
- Changed the engine serpentine belt at 93k miles with toyota OEM belt.