Hey Scotty! You rock. I have an Nissan Altima 2.5 2005 model. Few days back I had a problem with…
Hey Scotty! You rock.
I have an Nissan Altima 2.5 2005 model. Few days back I had a problem with A/c and had to replace the high pressure hose from a local mechanic.
I drove 40 miles and my friend drove the car back, and only then i realized that all the time for 15K miles i.e for 2 years I have been driving in gear 3 instead of D - drive. The next day i saw the 'Check engine soon' light ON and i need to crank twice to start the car & once it stopped while I slowed down.
I am driving in gear 'D' now and after a day, it starts in single crank, but the 'Check engine soon' is still ON.
I had the similar starting problem a year back. I gave some 10 minutes and then when i started it back it came fine and 'check engine soon' remained only for a day.
I took my car to autozone and the codes are P0335, P0725.
1) Can i reset the code and will that tell the computer that nothing is wrong and will it work without any issue ?
If so, how do I reset the code.
2) Is there any harm in resetting the code. I assume if there is something wrong the check engine light will come up again.
3) Should i drive back in gear 3 instead of D and will that solve?
4) Could it be because of hot weather or A/c started working
5) Should i just replace the Crankshaft position sensor
Thanks for reading. any advice is much appreciated.