Ford's 10R80 Complaint List
Hi Scotty and Community,
Here are the list of issues that owners are reporting in 2018 and newer F-150s/Mustangs with the clunky 10R80 (10 speed automatic transmission). Ford's response to many: "This is normal"! Really?
- Harsh, clunky or jerky downshifts - usually most present during the 4-3, 3-2 or 2-1 downshift in Normal trans mode and can be more harsh when in Sport trans mode.
- Harsh, clunky or jerky upshifts - usually most present during the 3-4, 5-6 upshift in Normal trans mode and can be more harsh when in Sport trans mode.
- Stuttering of shift points when coming to a stop or accelerating. It feels like the trans is unable to determine which gear to go into as the RPMs are increasing.
- Lack of initial engagement into from Park into Reverse if exterior temps are below 50*.
- Lack of engagement from Park into Reverse when car is totally in normal temp range (190-210), regardless of exterior temps.
- Extremely harsh engagement from Park into Reverse OR from Reverse to Drive (1st gear). Exterior temps do not matter. The engagement can be so harsh that it feels as if the car has been hit by another vehicle or like the driveline will rip the rear from the car.
- Erratic shifts - seems like the trans is hunting or prematurely auto shifts gears when it should not be doing so.
- Trans seems to remain in a higher gear when slowing down as vehicle MPH is decreasing when trans should actually be going into an obvious lower gear.