Ellaspede Build kit for the Yamaha SR400
There's not a self-respecting biker alive who hasn't dreamt of or even tried to build their own bike. The results can often be terrifying or certainly personal.
With the growing popularity of flat track and scrambler bikes -- and multiple variations on the two themes -- Australia-based Ellaspede has come along with a kit that requires no welding skills, just the ability to adequately turn a wrench.
Built to upgrade the appearance of your standard issue Yamaha SR400, the Ellaspede kit comes in two variations. One focuses on changing up the seat; the other on a more complete conversion.
The seat kit runs $1995.00 AUD ($1490 USD) and includes the following:
- UV rated vinyl seat in diamond pattern finish
- OEM quality rear cowl made from automotive grade plastic
- Structural aluminium reinforcement mounting plate
- Integrated brake and tail light
- Ellaspede SR400 Ninja Star Licence Plate Kit with rear reflector and number plate light
- All required bolts and fasteners
- Easy plug and play electrics which don’t require cutting or soldering
Ellaspede is still finalizing the cost of specific parts that come with the complete conversion kit, but for around $4000 AUD ($3,000 USD) you get the seat kit above and the following:
- SR400 MX style tracker handlebars
- Ellaspede SR400 tracker front guard
- GOODS Japan SR400 EFI Muffler
- POSH speedometer
- Ikon Suspension tracker rear shocks
- Aftermarket tracker headlight (not shown)
- POSH Chamfer indicators and brackets (not shown)
- Aftermarket mirrors (not shown)
Not a bad deal considering you don't need any special tools, welding kits or a mechanic to complete a conversion on a donor SR400 that Ellaspede says could be done on a weekend.
The following are shots of the bike they built with their kit but a few additional mods and a Kenny Roberts inspired livery. But you get the idea.